Monday, July 30, 2012

Back from Cruising

Okay. So the diet officially ended on Thursday, July 19 in honor of "The Dark Knight Rises." As of Thursday morning, I still hadn't lost any weight but decided it no longer mattered.

Cruise day, I was able to get back to eating mostly protein and fruits and veggies, and did very well the first few days of the cruise. I didn't feel gross in my bathing suit, although I was sad not to discover any fellow Potterheads as nobody commented on the nerd tat. Then, however, I saw the pictures taken for formal night, in which I looked like a beached whale. So there went the self-control. I still exercised, but said screw it to skipping desserts.

By the last day of the cruise (Friday being the last FULL day) I was full-on fat American, eating everything in sight. Still, I got away with only a few (4) lbs. of weight gain. Today starts back. Oh wait, I had leftover Japanese fried rice for breakfast. Okay, tomorrow starts back. Basically, i'm going to be eating paleo as much as possible, with cheats reserved for weekend meals and/or special occasions at work. I am going to work to exercise more, since I have really slacked off on that. Maybe I need to join the geriatric gym again. (The YMCA here is inhabited almost exclusively by old people).

No comments:

Post a Comment