Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Doing a mud run when I am sidelined by a little rain?

Okay, today was not a "little" rain. And it's winter still, technically, and cold. So a mud run in June sounds delightful. But training is hard when I really only have 4 days a week to work out. If I miss one, fine. If I miss 2; then I'm going an entire week between runs, and that is not good. I hesitate to progress to weeks 4 and 5 when my runs aren't as frequent as they should be. I did decide to move to week 4, but I am going to stay here until the weather starts getting better. I have nowhere to go to run indoors; not that I'd want to, but it would help keep me from making excuses for not running when I could otherwise be.

Next rant: Fuck food. Fuck it so much.

I am trying, trying, trying to stick to this "thin mentality" thing where you eat what you are craving when you're hungry, and stop eating when you are no longer hungry. Sounds simple, except for when you grew up in a family that doesn't let a little thing like "not being hungry" keep us from eating. So cleaning my plate was always a big deal. Makes it hard to change. I am trying, and getting better, but today I had a massive slip-up and feel fucking terrible. Physically. Like, my stomach is going to explode. What the hell is wrong with me? I was full before I had even finished half of my meal. Did I stop and think how nice it would be to save the rest of that samich for later? Hell no! Tomorrow is a new day, and there's always wine for dinner.

Anyways, I hope there were enough f-bombs for +Edward Maglott and I hope +Katy Vance has some inspiring words for me. Because I have no other readers ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ali!!! Girl, have you (and I'm sure you have because you experiment with diets like I experiment with wine) tried the smaller plate or bowl thing? That helps me. I always eat too much when I use a large plate instead of a small one. The other thing I do is drink water with my meals now, and I am eating less at a meal. I would be drinking wine, but I'm not drinking Monday through Thursday for Heathen's lent.

    In the end, the food thing is a struggle and that's okay because you are so, so good about keeping exercise. I'm in my workout clothes, but I totally skipped yoga today- Booo! I mean, I was walking out the door and then turned around. Part of it was because Ju was having a bad day, but that was really just an excuse because I was tired. Don't stress yourself out over this. Making lifestyle changes is a lifelong journey, and the fact that you are admitting you screwed up is the best thing you can do. And then do better tomorrow!

    You're human, and you're a fabulous human. :) Keep up the good work, you f-ing f-er.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? This is why I'm glad you follow me. I need your hot advice! I have already done better today. Walked the dogs AND went for a run this morning, and also signed up for a wellness challenge at work. I am probably going to walk a little bit on my lunch break too.

    One thing I am doing that is working out pretty well is exercising whenever I'm in the mood and able to, period. Like today, just because I've already worked out doesn't mean I can't still walk at lunch. That way, if I can't walk tomorrow it won't be the end of the world. But like Monday, I simply didn't feel like working out, and then Tuesdays I teach so I couldn't run then, so it was today before I could get any exercise in. That was bad. But it's okay. I double up on weekends and days like today. I also need to get back into my Billy Blanks DVDs. I have one of 10-minute workouts, and if I can just do the arm and ab ones twice a week, that will be a great improvement to my strength training, and only takes 20 min. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you f-ing f-er with your F-bombs all over! My dad was forced to clean his plate growing up and that was never a "thing" in my family. I remember being at a friend's house when I was a kid and being told to finish this huge hoagie even though I was really full. I was like, "WHHHhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?" You are going to force me to eat? I threatened to throw up and the parent relented.

    You have good ideas there about exercising when you feel like it. I will try to do that. I guess I do that sometimes. Like some days at lunch I really want to get out and walk and I do. But sometimes at home I get motivated, but then sit and look at your blog instead. Maybe we should listen more closely for the signs that we want to get moving and act on them every time. So let's keep on f-ing all you f-ing f-ers.

    ReplyDelete