Monday, June 25, 2012

And now for something completely different. . .

Okay, not really. But I have been thinking for a while about the Paleo diet; mostly because I miss meat and eggs. So today I looked up the basics, and I can still eat fruit. Plus I get to eat meat. And eggs. So I think I'm gonna try it. Mindy Kaling said in her book that she thinks fad diets are like a fun hobby for lots of women. I couldn't agree more! I love trying new diets in the hopes that one of them will stick. As long as they are diets that allow me to eat as much as I want, I love them. So we will try Paleo, but I think I will still eat beans because they are healthy and because I have pinto beans soaking at home. Homemade re-fried beans, ya'll! They will go great with an egg on top in the morning. Yummmmm.

Weight today: 140-141. The scale looked like it really wanted to tell me I was 140 but it couldn't quite be sure. Exercise will get amped up this week with the Insanity videos. We should get them on Thursday, I'm so scared!

3 comments:

  1. Dude. I want to do Insanity but I have been told repeatedly I will not be able to physically do them. Which makes me want to do it MORE to prove all these fools wrong. They don't know about me and my physical fitness level. Anyway, let me know how this goes. I am interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, Ju LOVEs the P90x and it is clearly working. Losing weight, firming up. She's coupling that with Couch to 10K.

    Also, are you trying Paleo because you heard Scarlett Johansenn did it? That's one hot lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH, I didn't know ScarJo did it, but now I'm even more on board! I have been reading all of the NPR crap about it, and have really missed having eggs for breakfast following my vegan-esque diet I was doing, so I decided to try something new. And I love trying new things :)
      I have been doing yoga this week, and will couple that with Insanity whenever we get it. Supposed to be tonight, but John is off work, so we will go pick it up tomorrow. And tomorrow is probably a cheat day so I'll need to do it!

      Delete