Okay. I just started following this blog (like, 30 minutes ago) called "diets are fattening." I love it already. I am going to try to focus on some of what she says. Basically, you have to train your body to eat like a thin person (one who stays thin naturally) and 1. eat when hungry. 2. stop when not hungry but not "full." 3. Only eat food you like. And so on and so forth. Everything I read makes sense. I don't do the "fad" diets, I have only tried the diet plans that are ways of living and not "diets" but that still tell me what I can and cannot eat. This is better.
When I first started working for BRCC, I lost like 10-15 lbs and wasn't really dieting at all. I can't remember how I did that. I know I started walking at lunch (a habit I need to resume) and I hadn't previously done that, but I really don't think I did any kind of diet or anything. Maybe I was eating like a thin person and didn't even know it! I do know I need to get a handle on my appetite. I can sit down on a sunday morning and eat an entire bag of chips just because I feel like it. Was I hungry? No. So why, then, did I eat? Shit like that.
SO here we go again. I am going to continue running though! Except I didn't today because I had planned to run at lunch but then remembered I had a leadership meeting from 3-6 and therefore couldn't. But that's okay. I don't need to stress about that either. I will run when I can. I will eat when I'm hungry. I will not worry about what I'm eating, except in the sense that I should be in the mood to eat it. Hello, sandwiches for lunch! I have missed those, and I can eat them in the car on the way to go walk! This could be a new thing. Quit dieting to get skinny and just DO.
No comments:
Post a Comment