Sunday, December 9, 2012

I ran a 5k. . .and made it my bitch!

I truly had an awesome experience at that race. Not only is Girls on the Run a great organization that teaches girls the benefits of running, nutrition, and other life lessons, the race wasn't timed and finishing was the only goal! I was afraid at first that I wouldn't be as fit as I needed to be, but that fear was totally unfounded. Not only did Owen want to walk some (especially uphill--totally fine with me) but I actually felt like I could have run the entire way! I tried to be motivating and I think she had a really good time, which is what it's all about. BTW, in case I didn't mention it earlier, Owen is my 8 yr. old cousin. Super awesome kid.

So, in conclusion, this time I am going to keep running. The last 5k I did, I ran it, and then immediately quit running. Not this time! I want to keep building up my stamina and maybe even run another race sometime. A cheap one. I can run for free at home, I don't need to be paying $25-50 per race. This one was only $16. And I got to make my own tutu.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you, my somewhat healthy librarian!

    You got to make tofu?

    ReplyDelete